Course Title: Hazardous Chemical Substances
Description: The training will provide insight into receiving, handling and storage of hazardous chemicals safely in a processing environment
Duration: 1 Day
Audience: Employees working with Hazardous chemicals, SHEP Representatives, Storage Manager, Maintenance Managers & Supervisors
Preparations for receiving Hazardous Chemical Substances
- Personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Safety equipment and accessories necessary.
- Need to ensure equipment is clean, operational and fit for purpose.
- Ensuring work environment is clean and free from potential hazards to personnel, product, plant and environment.
- Communication and referencing the relevant personnel.
Receiving and checking chemicals
Handling chemicals safely
Storing hazardous chemicals for production requirements
- Aligning storage with safety legislation and standard operating procedures, and storage space used in accordance with company stock holding policies.
- Labelling and coding in stored chemicals.
- Ensuring documentation related to storage is complete and accurate.
- Incorrect chemical storage and its impact on housekeeping, downtime, safety and quality.
Learner will be capable to understand and explain relevant aspects of the following: